The Hayti Heritage Center and Souloworks/Andrea E. Woods Present
Virtual wimmin@work 2021 – 5 Years Strong!
A wimmin’s herstory month celebration
This year’s wimmin bring a range of eclectic performance from dance, and original song and music, to the art of healthy eating, spoken word and krav maga. This year you can participate in three virtual wimmin@workshops in songwriting, self-defense and jazz dance.
Zoia Cisneros, Dorothy N. Clark, Kimberly Gaubault, Jaimie Lee, Lexi Lockhart, R.N Harris F.L.I.G.H.T Dance Drum Troupe, Say Kola, Kristi Vincent Johnson, Clarissa Kussin, Kamara Thomas, and Souloworks/Andrea E. Woods & Dancers with hattie gossett
wimmin@work is an interdisciplinary, intergenerational performance showcase celebrating wimmin’s herstory month. Wimmin of all generations come together to acknowledge that we stand on the mighty and magnificent shoulders of wimmin artists, educators, mentors, family, and friends. Let’s celebrate and share our creative endeavors in the way we do best, by being wimmin@work!
Session A – 12-1 pm
1. Welcome Kimberly Gaubault, Andrea E. Woods Valdés, and Angela Lee
2. Zoia Cisneros/Dance Improvisation
3. Reverend Dorothy N. Clark/”I’ve Got A Feeling!”
4. Zoom – Live African American Stepping wimmin@workshop with Dancer/Choreographer/Educator Kristi Vincent Johnson (30 min, 12:30-1pm)
Session B – 1:00-2:00 pm
5. Kim Gaubault – Welcome Back
6. RN Harris F.L.I.G.H.T Drum/Dance Corps “Standing Togehter” Dancers: Dawsyn Smallwood & Dakota Smallwood Directed by: Toya Chinfloo
7. Alex Lockhart/Vocal Performance
8. Souloworks Andrea E. Woods & Dancers featuring special guest writer mz. hattie gossett Dancefilm/Poem
9. Zoom – Live Songwriting wimmin@workshop with singer, songspeller, mythology fanatic, and multidisciplinary storyteller Kamara Thomas (30 min, 1:30-2pm)
Session C (2:00-3pm)
10. Kim Gaubault – Welcome Back
11. Toya Chinfloo and Asha Chinfloo Missy Elliot Challenge/Mother-Daughter Dance Duet
12. Zoom – Live wimmin@workshop with Clarissa Kussin – “Your Gut Health and Simple Strategies to Improve It “
13. Say Kola/Vocal performance featuring live instrumentation
14. Zoom – Live Krav Maga/Women’s Self Defense wimmin@workshop with Personal Trainer and Studio Owner Jaimie Lee (30 min, 2:28-2:58pm)
15. Closing – Thank you! Full cast